Total Pageviews

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Berrima Weir

A short walk on the Wingecarribee River at Berrima Weir.  I parked on Berrima Road near the cemetery and walked down the fire trail to the weir. I then walked down the slabs of the river bed until the first pool and then returned to the weir.













Once back at the weir I followed a fire trail downstream toward Berrima. Heading in the right direction I am unsure whether it would have got me there, as I had to turn around due to waist high stinging nettles covering the whole fire trail . 


Turning around I walked back upstream past the weir to the far end of the reservoir reserve. Talking to a couple of fisherman here I was told that you could easily paddle to the weir from Burradoo with no rapids or tree chokes. While we were talking some Carp, Redfin and a good size Bass were caught. 

A nice afternoon walk. 








No comments: