Total Pageviews

Monday 30 January 2017

Overnight in the Gorge.

After the last failed attempt to overnight in the gorge it was time for another go. Glorious weather this time.







At the first gravel race I stopped and walked for a while but a nice thunderstorm was coming so it was time to go a set up camp. There was someone already camped at Fossickers Flat so I found a nice spot a bit further downstram.








It wasn't a cold rain and was pleasant to paddle through at first. 
 

The cloud coming down the gorge toward me. It rained through into the night. not heavy but enough to stop me sitting around the fire. I slept in my bivvy under the tarp and had a comfortable dry night. 


In the morning I paddled the 10 minutes back to Fossickers Flat to get some photos of Split Rock Point and blue sky.






Then off down river to the car and home. 









My favourite paddle.


No comments: