Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 January 2017

Riding the Rails

Not quite a Rail Trail as we don't seem to be good at that in NSW but a ride along the old tracks from Hill Top to Couridjah. the original plan had been to ride to Buxton  and back but I continued on to Couridjah and out to Thirlmere Lakes. 
I started near the deepest hand cut cutting in the southern hemisphere. The only place to ride was down the middle of the tracks and the sleepers were still in place so it was a very bumpy ride. I walked the bike for about 1.5klm  before I could get off onto a side track. The ride from here was on roads that paralleled  the rails.







Couridjah Railway Station. I think the track here is still in use from trains that run from the Thirlmere Train Museum. 


Thirlmere Lakes. Good to see some water in here since my last visit when they were more empty. 





Then back again. 


No comments: