Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 February 2017

Marhynes Pool

Marhynes Pool at Appin on the Georges River. Parked at Kings Bridge on the Appin road and walked the fire trails along the Georges River down to the pool. 






I had just bought a monocular for birdwatching and was wearing it on my backpack belt. At the pool I took the backpack off to have a drink and the monocular fell off. I did not notice this until I was half way back to the car. Normally I walk midweek and it would have been still sitting on the rock shelf where I stopped. Unusually for me it was a Sunday and there were a few people about. The young couple of locals at the weir when I was,denied that they had seen it despite guiltily stuffing something into their bag as I returned. Being loathe to turn them upside down and shake them I took them at face value and left without my scope but with a sour taste in my mouth.









A pretty walk with a lesson learnt. 

No comments: