Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 January 2017

Royal Coast Walk- Day 2

After a good nights sleep in my bivvy bag I was up early and walked out to Providential Head at Wattamolla. Didn't quite make the sunrise but close. The morning light was nice on the cliffs and the beach.






I then walked back to Wattamolla Beach and Lagoon before heading south on the Coast track. 




Looking down at Curracarrang 




The creek at Curracurrang. 


Then next Curracurrong. 

The creek at Curracurrong where I sat and had breakfast while a Peregrine Falcon flew past. 




Eagle Rock at Curracurrong 




One of my favourites, Blandfordia nobilis or Christmas Bells 

Garie Beach 




From Garie North Head looking south to Coalcliff and thr Seacliff Bridge, 13.2 klm as the crow flies. 


Walking Garie Beach. I stopped at Garie for morning tea. Growing up, my uncle was a NPWS Ranger and lived here. I  had not been back for some time and the house and office where he lived s gone and the whole outlook/tone of Garie has changed. Say la vie.

Little Garie Beach

North and South Era from Thelma Head 


Looking back at Garie from Thelma Head 


Semi Detached Point at Era from the south. 

Burning Palms Beach 

Palm forest on the way out to Otford 

Looking down at Hell Hole (Werrong Beach)


The cliffs at Otford looking north


And then looking south. 

Then it was a short walk down to Otford Station for the train back to Kiama 



No comments: