Total Pageviews

Wednesday 21 February 2018

Victory Track and Martins Lookout

I drove up after work and camped out at the end of Grose Rd. It was the night of the super blue blood moon but the cloud cover gave me no views and I was quickly asleep.
The next morning I drove in to Springwood and then caught the train back to Faulconbridge. I then set off to walk back to Springwood via the Victory Track and the Fairy Dell Track with a quick run up to Martins Lookout and back.

Not much water at Clarinda Falls.


The junction of Sassafras and Glenbrook Creek.








The track then follows Glenbrook Creek down to the Perch Ponds. I had made good time to here and it was only 1100hrs so I decided to head on to Martins Lookout. I took the short cut track which is more of a goat track and very steep. 

The view across Glenbrook Creek from Martins Lookout

The white cross is at Bunyan Lookout and is a memorial to a Christian Brother who used to lead walks in the area.




I then took the main track (an easier gradient but longer) back down to Glenbrook Creek. 





Then back to the Perch Ponds and up the Fairy Dell Track along Magdala Creek to Springwood.
Again not a lot of water coming over Martins Falls .

And I didn't even stop at Magdala Falls as they were pretty much dry.
Back at the car by 1345hrs after a walk of 17klm. I'll come back when the falls are working.

No comments: