Total Pageviews

Saturday 10 February 2018

Mogo Campground and the Circuit Flat Bridge

I hadn't seen my sister and her partner for xmas as they had been on holidys so we decided to meet for lunch at the Settlers Arms pub at St Albans. 

Someone with a sense of humour had visited the toilet in the park opposite.

Lunch in the beer garden with the peacocks and chooks. A half decent feed of fish a chips and a few beers under the huge camphor laurel trees. A good place to see Blue-faced Honeyeaters. I remember being surprised to see them here when I last visited 10-15 years ago. 

Typical January weather of hot and humid days had slowed my walking down, so I took the opportunity of being out this way to camp at Mogo Campground in Yengo National Park and doing a night walk of the Circuit Flat Bridge walk.
I had recently bought myself a camping recliner so I now have all the comforts of home.

Sausage curry simmering away. 

Some night photos of the Circuit Flat Bridge. I was playing with the lantern function of my torch to light up the foreground.  This was not real precise so a few over exposed shots needed a bit of Photoshop magic to help.


The torch lantern has a range of blue, red and green lights so I also had to see what they could do.  


Eventually I got the timing right



After a good sleep listening to the Koalas grunt and groan through the night I was looking forward to the birds in the morning as there had been reports of Turquoise Parrots here a few weeks prior. No luck today and very few birds around. 
A Bassian Thrush being the only bird worth photographing. And of course I had no luck locating the koalas that had been there during the night. 

No comments: