Total Pageviews

Wednesday 14 February 2018

Minerva Pool, Dharawal National Park

I drove out after work and slept in the cot tent in the car park at the start of the firetrail. Minerva Pool is on Stokes Creek in Dharawal National Park near Wedderburn on the outskirts of Sydney. A surprisingly cold night for January and light showers through the night. In the morning dark clouds and some thunder to the south but it mostly held off for my walk. 

First a short ride along the firetrail to the lookout over O'Hares Creek.





I then rode back to the car and left the bike for the walk down to Minerva Pool.  













On the way back I detoured down to the gauging weir in Stokes Creek. 


There is a longer loop here but I was content with the 2.5klm bike ride and 4.5klm walk. Although it ended up not raining it did look rather ominous with large dark clouds. I was also nervous about leaving the car as 3 out of  4 car spaces at the car park had broken glass from car windows. It was also disappointing to see the amount of rubbish scattered around the pool


No comments: