Total Pageviews

Saturday 24 February 2018

Killalea

A quick stop at the NPWS office at Fitzroy Falls to transfer my annual pass to the new car and the on through Belmore Falls for coffee at Robertson before heading to the coast at Killalea State Park.
At Belmore Falls a quick walk to Wonderland falls. Ended up being a not so quick walk as I rolled my ankle which slowed us down a bit.

Not a lot of water coming over the falls today compared with our visits in June 15 and November 17. Has been a very dry summer. 



By the time we got to Killalea it was very windy and the temperature had dropped a bit as a front went over. 

Killalea Beach which goes by the local name of The Farm. Another short walk down along the beach and then to Killalea Lagoon.  I'll come back one day with a good ankle and walk around the lagoon. 









A nice burger for lunch at the cafe above the beach with a great view. 

I was going to walk down Minimurra Beach (Mystics) to the Minimurra River but again I put this off for another day.

We finished the day with a quick look at Bushranger Bay at Bass Point before another coffee at Shellharbour then back to Bundy via Jamberoo Pass. 




No comments: