Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 July 2017

River Gauge Pagodas

After my morning paddle I rode my bike out to the main road then down to the River Gauging Weir. Crossing the Cudgegong River here you can climb up to some large rock platforms and make your way along to some magnificent pagoda cliffs.

Looking down on the river gauging weir.

Easy walking on the rock platforms leading to the pagodas. 


And out to the pagodas. Magic country. 








Looking down on a bend in the Cudgegong River. 

On the way back I took the track to Cudgegong Picnic area and then the Waterside Walk back to the camping area. No bikes allowed on this track but I figured if I walked the bike it would be OK.

On the river at Cudgegong Picnic Area. 

The Beehive Pagoda which is directly opposite the camping area on Ganguddy Creek. 

Then different views of the river where I had paddled the afternoon before. 




All up for my loop, including the ride to the road out, was a bike ride of 6.2klm and a walk of 6.5klm.

No comments: