Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 July 2017

Colo Vale Loopline

Another walk that fits the "flat" category with not too much bother for my knee. Part of the abandoned train line from Thirlmere to Colo Vale. I started at Colo Vale and walked to Hill Top and back, a 12.4klm return trip.

Welcomed at the start of the walk by a few Gang Gang cockatoos. One of my favourite birds.

Walking the tracks the whole way. Flat but not quite east walking trying to pace to the sleepers or walk on the ballast. 

Numerous cuttings. Some open, others getting wet from pushing through the weeds. 


One cutting was quite wet and I stepped through the weeds into a suspension of fine orange mud. 

I thought I could walk over this bridge until I got to the centre and decided not to jump over the missing sleepers. A short back track and clamber off the side of the easement and then a climb up the other side was easy though. 



Hill Top station 

I had been thinking a pie and a milkshake from the bakery would be a nice reward for lunch but the bakery was closed, so a bacon and egg roll had to suffice. 

A nice walk. 

No comments: