Total Pageviews

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Ganguddy Paddle

After my Pagoda Walk and a late lunch I had a 4.7klm paddle down the back of the dam. After passing a few pagodas and following an Australian Hobby from pagoda to pagoda for a while I pushed through the reeds as far as I could go before it was back to set up camp just before last light. 




After dinner and a movie around the fire I walked back down to the beach for a few night photos. A late rising moon gave off too much light for good star shots but the movement of the clouds was interesting. While I was on the beach a Rakkali (Native Water Rat) foraged unconcerned  in the water  a metre or so from the beach. His white tipped tail very prominent in the moonlight. 



Next morning an early and cold start with the mist caressing the pagoda and hill tops. The water was so dark and still that the reflections were brilliant. It was surreal out on the water. You could not discern where the cliff  entered the water and the reflection started.
This is what makes it one of my favourite places. 



















A morning paddle before breakfast to the dam wall and back of 5.3 klm with lots of just sitting and taking it all in. 

No comments: