Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Far West- Day 11 Long Haul

Didn't pull the tarp out last night a slept on the stretcher in the open. A heavy fog meant I was up at 0400hrs and wet. I packed up and drove the 14klms to the roadhouse and slept in the car another 2 hours till they opened. On through the fog, which didn't clear till after 1000, and into Cobar for breakfast ans a break.
had a look at the viewing platform over the mine and continued on, not really knowing where I would end up.


Through Nyngan, Trangie, Narromine and in to Dubbo. Most of the roads closed due to the rain which limited my choices for where to go. At Dubbo I decided to push on through Wellington and head out to Mookerawa at the back of Burrendong Dam. As I came down into the dam at 1730 it was 24hrs and 1000klm since my schooner at maidens Hotel in Menindee.



A great campsite with good facilities and a view. What more could I ask for after a long day. 


No comments: