Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 May 2014

Far West-Day 12 Mookerawa

A lazy day today after a big day of travel. Mookerawa is a Lands Dept camping area at the back of Burrendong Dam on the Macquarie River. I had camped on a bench just under the amenities block and had the whole area to myself. The dam was only at 12% capacity which was good for a paddle. At full capacity the water level would have lapped at my camp site and been a huge expanse of water.
A leisurely paddle enjoying the birds, tortoises and goats that abound.



A short walk at the turn around point of the paddle. 




Then back downstream to camp to read and snooze the afternoon away.
The manager had told me that the level had risen nearly a metre since the last rains and when paddling back I could notice a difference in the colour and amount of debris in the water brought down by the rain. 




No comments: