Total Pageviews

Saturday 14 April 2018

Tootie Creek

After camping the night at Burralow and walking out to views of the Grose River I drove out to Mountain Lagoon and the start of the T3 Track. The last time I had been here the fire trail had been closed 5klm from the track head which put my plans awry. Today I could drive out and park at the trackhead which was nice.  

I started walking just after 3pm and it was hot and humid. Sweat was pouring out of me like a tap and although I drank 2 litres of water I was dehydrated by the time I hit the river.

Views into the Colo Wilderness just minutes into the walk. 


The lookout point over the Colo. Tootie Creek and my campsite for the night are at the sandbank just visible at the bottom of the photo. The mountain on the far side of the river is Mt Townsend. 


Looking south from the lookout point down the Colo.



Home sweet home for the night. By the time I got here I was so tired and fatigued. I had a wash in the river and tried to rehydrate. All I wanted to do was lie down and sleep. It was very humid and an effort to organise dinner and eat. I was in bed by 7.30pm.


Still great views of the river from the campsite and I did enjoy the solitude. 


The next morning I was up and away early to try and walk out before it warmed up.I still didn't feel great and just had  a couple cups of coffee and lots of water for breakie.
 I walked up the river for a short way and crossed Tootie Creek before starting the climb out. 





Tootie Creek 


It was still hot and humid in the valley and it wasn't till I got to the tops that it cooled down and a cool breeze made itself welcome. It was only 20*C back at the car but strangely seemed much warmer in the valley. 

I think my tiredness/fatigue is partly due to driving up the mountains after work at 11pm and having a late night and an early morning with a midday walk thrown in before I started on the T3 Track. 
 I'd still do this walk again, as it is great country, but maybe not in the heat and humidity.


No comments: