Total Pageviews

Saturday 7 April 2018

5 Deserted Beaches

I hadn't been out in the kayak for ages. I had been nervous about longer paddles as I have been having pain in my glutes when sitting in both the kayak and the car. Some exercises and possibly a new car with a better seat seems to have made a difference. 
I put in at Parsley Bay and did a loop around the back of Broken Bay or the mouth of the Hawkesbury River. An 8.5klm route which covers 5 beaches where I could stop if needs be to stretch.

The 1st beach on the north side of the bay opposite Parsley Bay is Croppy Beach.

Some nice rock outliers 

Then also on the north side is Spring Beach (Shown on Google Maps as Rhino Beach?)


Then across the Bay to Eleanor Beach. 

The view out through the Heads. 

Then, my favourite, Gunyah Beach. 


I stopped here for a stretch and a walk out on the rocks, not because I had any pain, but because it was a beautiful day. 


The creek behind Gunyah Beach. 




Then past Little Gunyah on the way home. 


Bouy it was good to be back on the water again pain free. 

No comments: