Total Pageviews

Saturday 20 January 2018

Pioneer Dairy and Tuggerah State Conservation Area

The Central Coast Wetlands at the old Pioneer Dairy has been open a few years now, but only on weekends when I'm usually working. My ward at the hospital had shut down for renovations and I was unusually off on a Sunday. Which felt weird but did give me a chance to pay a visit here.

Nothing seemed to be open and I was the only person around for the 1 1/2 hrs I spent there. A couple of short walks through the paddocks and along the creek. A few birds around but lots of insects. 























Then up the road at Tacoma  I walked through Tuggerah State Conservation Area and down to the lake. A hot day and not many birds active in the swampy paperbark and eucalypt forest.





Across the lake to The Entrance.


No comments: