Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Karloo Pools

Coming up from Bundanoon through showers and low cloud.fog, I thought that this might be another abort. But once I got to Heathcote the showers stopped and I walked down to Karloo Pools. Overcast most of the way with thunder rumbling just to the south but I stayed dry.
 I had left the macro lens on the camera which made it easy for some nice wildflower photos.

Darwinia


Grey Spider Flower (Grevillea buxifolia) 

Guinea Flower (Hibbertia sp)

Red Spider Flower (Grevillea speciosa) 

Water Gum (Tristaniopsis laurina) 

A busy lunch time at the Pool. 





I then followed the Kangaroo Creek down till I climbed out of the valley and met up with the Bottle Forest Track.

More creek views and pools just as nice as Karloo Pool and not as crowded. I only met one other walker on this section of the track. 









Later that afternoon I drove in through Audley and on to Warrumbul on Port Hacking to suss out kayak launch spots.  



Huge amounts of traffic leaving the park via Sutherland so I headed south and had a quick look at The Governor Game Lookout above Era Beach. A sea mist was moving in and soon obscured all views. No traffic after this as I exited the park at Waterfall. 

No comments: