Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 January 2018

Another Abort

Another plan that didn't happen. 
I drove down after work and camped out on Wattle Ridge at the start of the W11a Fire trail on Long Nose Ridge. This was to be a bike ride of 7.5klm to the gate then a walk of 7.5klm out to the cliffs, making it about 30klm return. Temps were forecast to be  in the low 30's. After getting to bed at 1am I woke at 4.30 to relieve my bladder. Which incidentally was the optimum time to view the Geminid meteor shower. After watching this for about 20 minutes the sky was lightening to the east and I decided to start early on my ride to beat the heat. At this time I looked at the sign on the gate which said that the park is closed at times of Total Fire Bans. Still thinking that it would be ok I checked on my phone and saw that it was indeed a Total Fire Ban which put an end to that.

Being too early to go to Chris at Bundanoon I had a leisurely breakfast and went for a walk at Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve and then a bike ride along the Wingecarribee River at Bong Bong. 

Not many birds at Cecil Hoskins. 





Then a quiet day in the garden at Bundanoon. It turned out to be a lot warmer than forecast and I definitely wasn't a busy bee in the garden. 


No comments: