Total Pageviews

Saturday 7 October 2017

Bundanoon Creek Wingello

Looking at Google Maps I thought there might be good views down Bundanoon Creek from the end of a fire trail at the back of Wingello State Forest.  The fire trail leaves the State Forest and enters Morton National Park. I was unsure how far I could get down the fire trail but the gate was open and a well graded fire trail led to a parking area just a couple of kilometres from the cliffs. I started off riding my bike but the road down is very steep and I walked the first bit and then left the bike at the second steep drop.

Memorial at the start to a firefighter killed fighting fires in 1998

Looking down Bundanoon Creek Gorge at the junction with Nye's Creek 

The cliffs at the far centre left of this photo are where I stood on my Caoura Ridge walk 




Cliffs at Nyes Creek 

Back near the start another steep fire trail led down to some rocks overlooking Johnstones Creek



Over the top of some interesting cliffs to Tuedts Hill near Bundanoon 

Johnstones Creek gully


No comments: