Total Pageviews

Saturday 28 October 2017

Breelong National Park

After leaving the Warrumbungles I drove through Tooraweenah and on to Gilgandra for lunch. 
I then went out to Breelong National Park and camped on the banks of the Castlereagh River.

A nice  walk in the afternoon down the bed of the river and then back through the scrub to camp.
The river was running in sections before disappearing into the sand and reappearing again.



Once I got to the park boundary I climbed the levee bank and walked back through the open forest.

Once back at camp I rode my bike through the trails of the park.


Noogoora Burr, dare I say, photogenic but not easy to walk through.

Black-fronted Dotterel



Carp

Yellow-billed Spoonbill




Night on the river


The next morning another short walk on the river in the opposite direction.

Sulphur-crested Cockatoo


No comments: