Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 October 2017

Belougery Split Rock

 Six days off work allowed me to range a bit further and I had a hankering to revisit the Warrumbungles.
 As usual I left straight from work at 2300hrs and drove up the mountains and camped in a carpark at Blackheath. On the road early the next morning I made the park before lunch and was able to fit the walk up Belougery Split Rock in the afternoon. 

On the way in to the park I stopped at Whitegums Lookout with views over the whole park.


The Grand High Tops 

Bluff Mountain 

Mt Exmouth 

Belougery Split Rock 

Looking up at Belougery Split Rock from the track head. 

Easy walking at the start 

Looking back over the gorge that the track runs through to Bluff Mountain and Mount Exmouth 


From the loop track the climb to the top is steep.
 I stopped here for a while to stop my knees shaking and convince myself I could go on. 


Closer to the top

Once at the top the views were worthwhile and spectacular.

Looking down to the valley floor. 

And across to Siding Springs Observatory on Mt Woorut

Bluff Mountain 

The Grand High Tops 

A 360* panorama. I have never been able to stitch 360* before.

Looking west to the plains with the road snaking out of the valley.

On the way back down on the loop 


A short but steep 5klm return.



No comments: