Total Pageviews

Wednesday 27 September 2017

The Mungo Track

After walking up Yacaaba I drove up to Boomeri campground at the start of the Old Gibber Road and set up camp and read in the late afternoon.

After dinner I rode down to the lake and took some photos of the stars. The lights on the horizon are, I think, Nerong and Buladelah.

The next morning I was up early and drove the short distance to Mungo Brush. I left the car here and rode the bike 21klm back to Hawks Nest where I chained it to a bike rack in the shopping centre and started the walk back. The first 4 or 5 klms along the beach.



I then crossed the dunes and picked up the Mungo Track


A quick detour to Pipers Creek.

and then off through the heath with only a few little waterholes to break the monotony



Plenty of paperbark forest.

At one stage the track comes out again on the road for a couple of klms

Brambles Green on the Myall River for a late lunch. I even stopped to eat and actually lied down for about 15 mins for a rest which is something I rarely do.


Through Paperbark and Cabbage Tree Palm swamp to Tamboi


Then on to the lake and the car at Mungo Brush.

I started from Mungo Brush on the bike at 0700 hrs and after a coffee and bacon and egg roll for breakfast in Hawks Nest I started walking at 0900. I finished the 27.1klm walk at 1610 and drove back to Hawks Nest and picked the bike up. I was tired and a little sore so I shouted myself a night at a motel and a fish and chip dinner and beer at the club.😎

No comments: