Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Rock Hopping

I had read, in one of Tony Dunk's Gosford Bushwalks Guide, of the Killcare Gobstopper. This is a perfectly spherical rock in a pot hole just south of Killcare. Still resting my knee and looking for a couple of short walks I thought I should check it out. It was pleasant walking on the rocks and something I always enjoy but the Gobstopper was a big fail. I couldn't find it but didnt feel the morning was a waste.

Great rock platforms



Rock pools 

Even one to rival the Figure Eight Pool in the Royal National Park








I then drove around to Wagstaffe and walked around to Half Tide Rocks and on rockhopping to Lobster Beach.

Rock shelf to Half Tide Rocks 

Views of Lion Island and Broken Bay 


Bright green weed in the rock pools 

The clamber over the rocks to Lobster Beach 




Lion Island

Mt Ettalong and Pearl Beach across the Bay



No comments: