Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 August 2017

Governors Head and Ben's Walk

They had shut down Bristol Point campground where I had stayed last time I was at Booderee and this time I had to camp at Green Patch. I am not used to camping in close proximity to other people, so after collecting firewood and setting up my cot tent I went out and walked to Governors Head in the dark to get some night photos.

The first two show before and after photoshop results.







Back at camp I found that the fire place near my tent was shared and the fire I set was already lit. A lovely young couple and it was pleasant to talk for a while while I was cooking my salmon mornay for dinner. After dinner I sat in front of the fire and watched a movie on my tablet. Cold but not too cold. Next morning I packed up slowly and went out to Murrays Beach for a paddle in my kayak. I couldn't see the water from the car park and trolleyed the kayak down to the boat ramp. The wind had come up and it was a little choppy, not like yesterdays calm. I paddled about a klm down to Hole in the Wall hoping it might get calmer as I got further into the bay. It didn't, so I turned around and came back to the ramp. No pictures as it was what I call a busy paddle with no time to stop.

I then had some time up my sleeve before heading home so I stopped in Nowra and had alovely walk at Ben's Walk which is a loop around Nowra Creek and along the Shoalhaven River.

A great lookout over the river from the start of the walk at the Nowra Showgrounds.




Nowra Creek from the suspension bridge. 



The jetty at Depot Farm



The crossing at the tidal limit




Nice melalueca forest on the flats heading back. 

Back at the Shoalhaven at the mouth of Nowra Creek 

Then along the river and through the cliff line back to the lookout. This area is I think a big area for sport climbing, but I took the conventional track and stairs back to the top. 





An excellent walk of just under 4klm.

No comments: