Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 May 2017

Butterbox Point


I drove up after work, arriving at 0100 in the morning and set up the cot tent in the Mt Hay carpark.
A good nights sleep followed and I awoke to this view in the morning.

With my knee still giving me grief I was looking for a few short, easy walks and Butterbox Point, only a 1klm reasonably flat walk from the carpark, was perfect.

Heading out to the Butterbox with Mt Banks on the other side of the Grose Gorge. 

The Butterbox 

Views up the Grose Valley 


Edgeworth David Head, the David Crevasse and Frank Hurley Head with Mt Banks behind


A peek at The Grose River below.


The Walford Wall and Du Faur Head from under The Butterbox 




More valley views 


Butterbox Canyon cuts in between the Walford Wall and Butterbox Point 





Looking across to Mt Hay 

No comments: