Total Pageviews

Saturday 27 May 2017

Bellbird Lookout

I camped at Old Ford Reserve in Megalong Valley. Getting there on dusk I set up camp and relaxed with a beer. I'd had a big day and promptly fell asleep with the beer in my hand. Too tired to cook I put away all my cooking gear and just had a bowl of cereal for dinner. Old Ford Reserve is popular with camper travellers and it wasn't exactly the quiet night I was used too.

Next morning I drove on to Dunphy's Campground at the end of the valley. I had never been here before and should have continued on last night as there was no one else around.
Looking for a short walk just to orient myself I decided to walk to Bellbird Lookout.
An easy 5klm return on fire trail and easy open forest tracks. 


Views across Carlons Creek to Ironpot Mountain 

Bellbird Ridge 



Carlons Creek and Ironpot Mountain 


Looking down the valley of Breakfast Creek to the Cox's River



Medlow Gap and the Wild Dog Mountains 




Out past the Wild Dog Mountains ,the cliffs of the Ti Willa Plateau? 

Looking back up the Megalong Valley at Pinnacle Hill? 

After the walk I drove out to the Shipley Plateau at Blackheath and had a coffee at Hargraves Lookout on Panorama Point. 

The cliffs of Mt Tosh with the Hydro Majestic at Medlow Bath in the background. 


No comments: