Total Pageviews

Monday 30 May 2016

Strickland Tour

I had walked a lot of the trails in Strickland State Forest before and my usual "day off" before a night shift gave me the chance to string all the tracks together for a tour of the park. I had not yet walked the new Ridge to Rainforest track . This well designed and constructed track, by The Friends of Strickland Forest, is superb. Passing through a range of of environments before coming to the the bottom car park. I then took the Arboretum Loop and the Bellbird loop before taking the Stoney Creek Track and the Strickland Falls Loop back to the car, a total of 9.4klm in just under 3 hours.

Well constructed track leads you down from the ridge across some steep gullies, to the creeks and rainforest.

Hoop pine plantation  


Forest giant 

Boulders at the creek Crossing 


Heading to The Arboretum 

Cabbage Tree Palm (Livistona australis)

Narara Creek 





Stoney Creek on the Bellbird Loop 




Strickland Falls. Always just a dribble here. Would love to come back after some good rains to see a bit more volume. We haven't had rain for a while and the creeks and falls were as low as I had ever seen them. 



I really enjoyed this walk and will be back regularly.The vibe in the forest changes with the seasons and the weather.
 Back home in time for a late lunch and a good afternoon nap before work. 

No comments: