Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 June 2016

Banks Walls and Frank Hurley Head

After another night shift I got a few hours sleep, drove into the city for some shopping and then headed up to Burralow Creek in the Blue Mountains to camp. After a cold night I packed up quick and drove to Mt Banks. A very windy and cold day. Wind gusts were actually pushing me around as I was walking. I decided to not climb over Mt Banks because of the wind but walked around it and out to banks Walls and then on to Frank Hurley Head. 

From the car park at Mt Banks.

The dome of Mt Banks. 

Looking up the Grose Valley from Banks Walls. 

Across to Lockley's Pylon and Fortress Head 

The Banks Walls 

Panorama from the Walls Lookout. Taken with my Tokina lens at 16mm. Not sure why the curve distortion. Possibly the lens,but hasn't done this before, or more probably the wind blowing the camera and me around as I took the photos. 

On the track from Banks Walls towards Frank Hurley Head, with Mt Hay in the distance. 

Looking back at Mt Banks 

From Frank Hurley Head towards Edgeworth David Head 

Superb view 

Looking up Govetts Creek 




Walford Wall 

Two stitched panorama with the Samyang 8mm. I was surprised how well these stitched without distortion. 


Du Faur Head 


Govetts Creek 


Heading back towards Banks Walls looking up the Grose Valley to Mt Victoria. 

Back to Mt Hay across the gorge. 

Detail in the shoulder of Mt Banks. 

Liversedge Hill ? 


Blackheath side 

Govetts to Grose 

No comments: