Total Pageviews

Friday 6 May 2016

Nichols Gorge

Arriving at Blue Waterholes camping area I set up camp and read for a while before dinner, with a great view of Clarke Gorge.

After dinner, I lit my first and only fire for the trip and was watching a video on my tablet with the earphones on. Suddenly I felt a presence and looked up at 3 brumbies standing next to me. Not sure whether they were enjoying the movie or just wanted the warmth of the fire but the closest one was almost touching my shoulder. They took a bit of encouragement to move on and stayed all night. I could hear them at times between my cot tent and the car. I had packed everything away in the car which was good as next morning , the only other campers, reported the horses knocking over their table and forcing them to leave their swag and sleep in their car. 

In the morning I walked the Nichols Gorge loop.
Starting at Blue Waterholes on Cave Creek where the water appears from an underground spring. 



The track follows the dry creek bed through the gorge. 






Inside the first cavern of Murray Cave 


Leaving the gorge, the track makes its way back over the plains to the campground. 
Brumbies everywhere. 


No comments: