Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 May 2016

Old Great North Road, Mogo

My left leg had been playing up and my ankle slightly swollen without any apparent injury. So to give it a break, I decided on a bike ride instead of walking. This road is rough and severely eroded in spots and I ended up walking and pushing the bike for a bit anyhow.

Rather than park on settlers Rd I drove down the OGNR to Circuit Flat Bridge.

Circuit Flat Bridge 





I then rode on a side trail hoping to get views over Mangrove Creek Dam. I think I might have left the National Park and entered the catchment zone but no signage so I kept going. I left the bike at the first view and walked another 1.5klm looking for more views until the track started to head down to the water. 





Back on the OGNR again I pedaled down to the next intersection before turning around. 

Sampsons Gap with views across Yengo National Park.The road here is badly eroded and a section of the walling has collapsed. I had been here some years prior and couldn't remember it being this bad. 


All up 16klm for the day of which about 4klm was walked.


No comments: