Total Pageviews

Saturday 25 November 2017

Junction Pools

Junction Pools on the Barrington River in Barrington Tops National Park. 
Deciding not to stay at Polblue due to swooping magpies and hungry Kookaburras I headed down the track to Junction Pools. 

A rough and rocky 14klm through snow gum forest to a nice camping area which I had all to myself except for the wallabies and brumbies.



 I thought I was going to get seriously wet here as huge black storm clouds were spilling over the ridge just upstream on Edwards Swamp. It seemed to split around me and I stayed dry for the night although it was misty and cold at times. Camping at an altitude of about 1500mtrs I shouldn't have been surprised at the 3* temps overnight.

A series of pools on the Barrington River.







The next day I woke to clear blue skies.  








A quiet and peaceful part of the world.

No comments: