Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 November 2017

Grove Creek

Leaving Dubbo late afternoon after my zoo visit I headed to Abercrombie Caves to camp the night. Arriving at the camp site at 1930hrs it was pitch dark as there was no moon. I was surprised to find that I was the only one there. I was so tired that it was a quick dinner of a cup of soup and some noodles then into bed for an early night. After another cold night I was up early and walked a loop from the Caves to Mount Gray then back down into the valley and along Grove Creek to car.  I had started walking at 0630 and after a leisurely  7klm was back at the car by 0830. I was still the only person at the caves.

The arch at the entrance to the caves



Grove Creek Valley as the sun rises.

The Mount Gray mines


Kangaroo Thorn or Spike Wattle (Acacia paradoxa)

Grove Creek









My only company on the walk.


On the way out a quick stop at Grove Creek Falls







No comments: