Total Pageviews

Monday 6 November 2017

Dubbo Zoo

I had bought a yearly ticket for the zoo which includes Taronga Western Plains Zoo in Dubbo, so after having my bike tyre replaced I spent a great 3 hours riding around the zoo.
Much improved on my last visit here probably some 15 years or more. The animals were all out in full view and it is good to see them in the open.

Meerkat



Giraffe 

Eland 

Hippopotamus. 
Dubbo has statues of hippos along the streets and these two were standing so still that for 5 mins I thought that they were statues and I was trying to find the "real" hippos .

White Rhinoceros 



Cheetah 

Elephant 


Zebra 


Bongo 

Sumatran Tiger 


Addax 

African Lion 



Camel 


Indian Rhinoceros 



Siamang Ape 

Galapagos Tortoise 

It is also a good spot for native birds.

Apostle Bird 


Australian Reed-Warbler 




No comments: