Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 April 2017

Lady Carrington Drive

I drove down after work and slept in my cot tent in a picnic area on the Hacking River near the weir.  Waking up early to a little misty rain, I drove about 500mtrs and had breakfast at the start of lady Carrington Drive.

An easy ride on the old road through to Audley. 

Huge trees 

and palm jungle. 

Jersey Springs.  Two troughs built in 1892 to catch water from a spring to provide water for horses using the road. 

Picnic table in the underhang with a nice view of the river near the Audley end. 

The Hacking River at the weir and along the picnic areas at Audley. I was thinking that the river was probably navigable by kayak for about 3 or 4 klm upstream from the weir but was surprised by the signs saying no private craft on the river. 



On the way back at a couple of overgrown picnic areas I pushed through for some views of the river. 



All up a pleasant morning ride of just over 25klm.

No comments: