Total Pageviews

Saturday 8 April 2017

Figure 8 Pool

I had been to the Figure 8 Pool before but it would have been 35 to 40 years ago as a teenager or young adult. 
We had no Instagram in those days so it was a lot quieter and not as well known then.
So after my morning ride along Lady Carrington Drive I decided t revisit.
The track down from the Garrawarra Farm is the most direct  route and made for a 7.2klm return walk.
Views over Burning Palms Beach from half way down the track


And north to Semi Detached Point at Era 

Burning Palms Beach 

And then around the rocks  



The Figure 8 Pool. 


Figure 8 Pool is only one of a series of pools in the rock platform here. 




I was here about 1 1/2 hrs after high tide but the seas were calm. The clouds lifted and the blue sky appeared.

 When I arrived there was only one couple at the pool. As I took some photos and then had lunch on the rocks the  hordes started to arrive. By the time I headed back to the car I had passed 30 to 40 people heading down to the pool. 

Back to Burning Palms Beach. 

Another brilliant day and walk. 

No comments: