Total Pageviews

Tuesday 2 August 2016

Oallen Ford

Oallen Ford on the Shoalhaven River between Bungonia and Nerriga. My Dad used to take me camping here some 40-45 years ago. We used to come in on a bad dirt road from Nowra. Now it is bitumen all the way and camping is not allowed at the ford. From memory it looks the same but different. Then again I feel the same but look different. 

The first 3 photos are all taken from the same spot.
 The first with my DSLR and the 18-250mm lens .

The second with a GoPro 

And the third a stitched panorama from the DSLR. 
The same but different again.


We walked up the river for a way. Again I felt from memory that we could have walked further but it wasn't really possible. 




 I left a little disappointed in Oallen Ford. Maybe memories are best left as memories and not to be revisited. Revisit the location but treat each visit as a new experience. A little bit deep for a blog and especially for this blog.

Then off to Nerriga and a beer in the pub. I know that I had stopped here 40ish years ago but not for a beer and I have no memory of the pub at all. A good thing.


Enjoyed the beer here more than I had enjoyed any beer in the last few years. A Tooheys Old. 
I used to drink Tooheys Old 30 years ago. Maybe the memories again or maybe it was just a damn good beer. 

Lunch at the Corang River. A ham and cheese jaffle and a left over Dong Den Curry Jaffle. 


With another beer. Could life be any better. 





No comments: