Total Pageviews

Wednesday 24 August 2016

Mooney Mooney Mega Cave

I have walked or at least heard of most walks and sights on the Central Coast but I had never heard of the Mooney Mooney Mega Cave. That is until I bought Gosford's Bushland on foot-Volume Two by Anthony Dunk. I had been to this first viewpoint over Mooney Mooney Bridge but did not know of the rough track from here to the Mega Cave.


As you come along the under the cliff line the caves are guarded by two Blue Gums which I will call the Sentinels. 

A series (3) of caves/overhangs in the cliff line with the last being truly mega.
The first two are a little harder to access. 



Then back past the Sentinels. 


and on to the Mega Cave. Hard to photo to get a true idea of the size. 








An awesome experience and only a short walk 10 minutes from home. A big thank you to Anthony Dunk. Go buy his book and explore. 

No comments: