Total Pageviews

Monday 1 February 2021

Yanununbeyan


On my list for a while and finally got motivated and out. 

Apple Box Flat in Yanununbeyan State Conservation Area south of Bungendore.

Walked from the picnic area through mostly open scrub up the ridge to Corner Hill Firetrail which winds its way down a ridge to the Queanbeyan River. The firetrail hasn't been driven for a while and keeps disappearing  but by following the ridge it was an easy walk down to the river.

Plenty of wildflowers.

Coming out on a large bend in the river I planned to follow it south for a while but the thick scrub along the banks and then the steep sides kept pushing me higher until I decided to return to the ridge and the firetrail.








Once back on the firetrail good views south over the park.



Once at the firetrail I continued past my entrance ridege and walked to the Corner Hill trig before returning down aother ridge to the picnic area.


A great little walk of 7klm. 
Felt good to be back out in the middle of nowhere by myself.



































No comments: