Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 June 2018

Turon River

After spending the day in Gardens of Stone National Park in the Capertee Valley I dropped down into the Turon Valley National Park and set up camp quickly before the rain started.
A wet and cold night without a fire. I slept most of the night wrapped up in the quilt in the camping recliner before the pre dawn cold sent me into the cot tent and extra blankets. 
It had rained most of the night but cleared enough in the morning to finally get a fire going. 



About mid morning I packed up and headed off to walk downstream along the Turon River.








After a while I headed up Fiddlers Creek to some old Gold diggings then climbed the ridge to head back to the river and the car. 

Easy walking on a 6.5klm loop along the river and through open forest.

By the time I got back to the car the clouds were threatening again and the forecast for more rain that night. I opted for the warmth of my own bed and headed home.

No comments: