Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 June 2018

Fagans Bay, Greystanes Aquaduct

I hadn't been out in the kayak for a while and was looking for a short paddle close to home. I find that on my first day off in the week I am tired and haven't got a lot of energy. I put in at the boat ramp at Gosford and paddled across to Fagans Bay and up Narara Creek till just after the road bridge. Short but at least I was back on the water which was nice.




The next day was bike riding day. I drove down to Prospect Reservoir as I wanted to see the Greystanes Aquaduct. From here you can do a full loop, all on dedicated bike track, of about 29klm. I decided that this might be a bit too strenuous, so just did a quick 16.5klm out and back.

Prospect Reservoir. This was at the end of the ride. I strong wind had come up and put a good chop on the water and the end of my plan to have a picnic lunch at the reservoir where all the tables are rather exposed.

The bike track follows the old water canals which they have filled in and put the path on top.

In places the path dips down to go under bridges and you get more of the canal feeling.

Crossing the aquaduct on the way out.

Great signage on the way. I even found one that hadn't been graffitied  and could still read

I trn around just past the pumping station where the canal finished and the pipes started.

Old pumping station at the aquaduct.

The Greystanes Aquaduct


No comments: