Total Pageviews

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Slowing Down

Not sure whether it was being in a cabin, the storms in the night or just  everything catching up with me but I was so tired that I just lounged about the cabin and read, went back to sleep mid morning then read some more. Eventually late afternoon,I dragged myself off and went for a drive to to Coomba Park and then in to Wallingat National Park where I managed a short ride along the Wallingat River. I had planned to camp and paddle here but I'll put that aside for another day.




I then drove up to Whoota Whoota Lookout with view across Wallis Lake from Forster to Pacific Palms.





The next morning it was time to move on but first I spent a few hours fishing at Elizabeth Beach. A nice Tailor on the first cast then nothing but nice views and early morning sun. 

Then it was off to Myall Lakes where I rode the track down to Rivermouth and fished in the Myall River for a while . 

Huge old Forest Red Gum 




On the way back to the car I turned off the main track and rode down to The Broadwater at Sugar Point.


Paperbark forest right down to the lake edge 




Camp for the night at Korsmans Landing 


and some late afternoon light and the lake and paperbarks 





Next morning a short paddle up Two Mile Lake to Sunnyside Camping Area. I'm having trouble with my right buttock, specifically my gluteus medius muscle and I cant paddle too long without being uncomfortable. This is apparently coming from my lower back and hamstring so with some exercises  I should come good. Short paddles for a while though. 





After packing up it was time to head home for a night till I was off again to the Southern Highlands and the South Coast. Holidays are hard work and there is so many places to go and things to do.

No comments: