Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 December 2017

Forster Indulgence

After coming out of the Barrington Tops I had planned to spend the night in a pub at Gloucester, but arriving in town mid afternoon it was too early to hole up in a pub. I drove down to Forster and found a cheap motel, which was cheap in all senses of the word. However, I could walk down to the pub on the inlet and catch a great sunset over the lake as storms went through. Heavy rain and strong winds with hail in places so a good night not to be camping.

A great steak and mushroom dinner at the Lakes and Ocean Hotel. Blackboard special $15- including a schooner of pale ale. 

Next morning I rode along the lake and out to the breakwater then over the bridge to Tuncurry to the northern breakwater and a big breakie at the Rockpool Cafe.  








Not something I normally do and I felt like the idle rich. 

Tuncurry Rock Pool 

Then off to Hawke Head to climb the tower with views up and down the coast and over the lake behind. 



I then drove down to The Ruins campground in Booti Booti National Park where I walked the Booti Hill and lake loop.

Seven Mile Beach 





Views from Booti Hill to Shelley Beach 



Elizabeth Beach 


From Elizabeth Beach you can cut across and join the lake track. Nice easy walking and a few picnic areas where I stopped and ate a late lunch.





Palm jungle on the lake edge 


The forecast was for more thunderstorms, large hail and destructive winds so I bailed on camping again and got a cabin in the caravan park at Elizabeth Beach. The storms did come through and i was glad to be in the cabin. The forcast was the same for the next few days so I ended up staying 3 night here with the pattern being sunny but windy days with storms in the late afternoons and into the night.

No comments: