Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 June 2017

Riding the Beach

I drove down to Red Point on Jervis Bay which is fast becoming one of my favourite spots on the coast. My plan was to walk from here to Callala Bay and then possibly on to Myola and ride the bike back.. 
I first walked to Red Point. The tide was up and water over the rock platform. I could just edge my way around to look down the beach to Callala Bay. My knee is still troubling me so I decided not to walk too much and wait for my Dr's opinion before walking again.




The beach here is hard and flat and I have always wanted to ride my bike on the beach, so I headed up to Carama Creek. There was only one part of about 100mtrs that I had to walk due to large amounts of weed on the beach.


At carama Creek I got off and walked up the creek for a while. This is a magic part of the world. 













On the way back I stopped to watch the dolphins for a while. 

I enjoyed the ride so much I decided to drive to Callala Beach and ride along the beach to Myola. A nice burger and chips lunch on the beach first. Callala Beach actually has some small surf and although still rideable the sand was softer and the beach steeper. A harder ride and a bit of walking in the softer sand. 



At the Myola spit looking across Currumbene Creek to Huskisson. 



The Myola Spit 


Looking across the bay to the dolphin boat and Point Perpendicular.

I then rode along the road through Myola and up Currumbene Creek before heading back on the road to Callala Beach. All up a ride of  just under 10klm. 



No comments: