Total Pageviews

Monday 14 November 2016

Three Creek Paddle

Starting at Mooney Mooney Creek under the M1 bridge I paddled downstream before heading up Piles Creek to the fresh/tidal limit. 



The Phil Houghton suspension bridge. 



As far as I could paddle in Piles Creek 

This cockatoo was making a racket and I thought at first that he just didn't want me there. he was, however, chasing a goanna away and doing a good job of it. Swooping and even landing on the ground next the goanna while raising his wings and  screeching.  

I had no part to play in this mishap. 




Back on Mooney Mooney Creek I still went downstream and across to Christy's Gully but no real creek and no real access through the mangroves. 

So back upstream past my start point, 

and up Floods Creek. I really enjoyed this section of the paddle. 
Floods Creek has a more serene and remote feel. 





In the green at the end of the creek (at least for a kayak). Floods Creek continues up to Somersby Falls.


Floods Creek. Lunch on the water here.



Back at Mooney Mooney Creek I continued upstream to the fresh/tidal limit. 



Blessed that this is 10 minutes from home. 

Just under 18klm on the water.

No comments: