Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 November 2016

Dangar Island

Not wanting to drive far for a walk or paddle, I decided to cross Dangar Island off my list. I have paddled around and past the island on numerous occasions but, apart from a trip there with my parents 30 years ago, I had not visited the island.
Putting in at Parsley Bay in Brooklyn I crossed to the island in a strong wind. With the tide pushing out and the wind pushing against the tide it was quite choppy. With one wave just reaching the cockpit I was a little wet  I got to the island.
 I walked around the island and up to the reserve at the top. Filtered views only.

The beach at Bradleys Bay looking down the Hawkesbury River to Cowan Creek


Looking up the Hawkesbury to the Rail Bridge 



Nature 



A coffee at the cafe with a great view. 







A 4.5klm walk around the island with a 5.2klm paddle



No comments: