Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 April 2016

Umina to Patonga

Another night shift and a morning walk prior.
 I drove to Patonga and caught the bus back to Umina. A ham and cheese croissant from the cafe for breakie and off along the beach. My plan was to walk to the end of the beach and then around the rocks at the base of Mt Ettalong to Pearl Beach, but high tide changed that. I could have taken off my shoes and walked through the ankle deep water but I hate having to dry and get all the sand off my feet so I decided to walk around the creek. A little longer than I thought and probably added 2 plus kilometers to my walk making it 12.2klm bus to car.

Early morning Patonga while waiting for the bus.


Ocean beach Umina 



Looking back towards Umina after walking around the torrent that everyone else walked through. 

Lion Island from Umina Point under Mt Ettalong 


Looking back to the beach from Umina Point. I had to retrace my steps here too as I couldnt get around the point because of the tide. A higher easier path leads off from the road. 

Pearl Beach 

Another civilized walk with a coffee stop at the Pearl Beach cafe. 

Heading up from the Arboretum to go over the ridge to Patonga 

Looking back to Umina Point and Ettalong 


One of my favourite spots. The Warrah Lookout over Broken Bay. 

Patonga 

Barrenjoey 

Patonga Creek 


The end of the walk at Patonga 


No comments: