Total Pageviews

Wednesday 16 December 2015

Dolls Point

A morning drop off at the airport for my son, on his way to backpack around India, was an opportunity to walk around Botany Bay again.Having walked before my last airport visit from Kyeemagh to Brighton le-sands, this time I parked at Dolls Point at the mouth of the Georges River and walked to Brighton and back. Just under 11klms.

Dolls Point. Easy parking (in the morning) and a good kayak launch spot to come back to and paddle Botany Bay.

I never realised the beach was called Lady Robinsons Beach 

Beach groyne 

My type of surf with the city in the background horizon 


The beach groynes. A surprising number of fishermen spread out along the beach 



Container terminal across the Bay at Port Botany 

City skyline 

Brighton Baths 

Looking out the Heads 


The ship now docked at the port 

Last groyne before Dolls Point 

Looking from Sandringham to the Taren Point bridge over the Georges River 


No comments: