Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 November 2015

Mullet Creek Little Wobby Circuit

After days of rain a sunny morning called for a nice kayak. Starting at Parsley Bay,I paddled across to Dangar Island and on into Big Bay in Mullet Creek. I then headed off to the beach under Rocky Ponds waterfall and on to Little Wobby. While rounding Alison Point and coming back to the Hawkesbury River I heard a rumble that I thought was a train crossing the bridge. There was however no train on the bridge but a storm approaching from the west. Once at Little Wobby I abandoned any hope of a longer paddle and raced back to Parsley Bay. The storm, complete with thunder and lightning and good heavy rain, hit about 30 seconds after quickly loading the kayak on the car. 
 Looking across to Dangar Island 

Into Mullet Creek


Big Bay and the mouth of Mullet Creek 


Alison Point 

Rocky Ponds waterfall 


Twisted Angophora overhang 


Storm Coming 



No comments: