Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 July 2015

Mount Waratah to the Nattai River

Another walk from a Robert Sloss book to Fish Pool and Falls on the Nattai River. I didn't make the pool or falls as the track was a little overgrown in places and the river was up and I couldn't cross. 

Looking up the Nattai Valley to the Blue Mountains from the spur leading off Mt Waratah.

The Nattai Gorge with Russells Needle centre of the photo 

Across to Mt Jellore 

At the creek near the river I missed the track crossing and turned down the creek and forced my way down to the river. A nice waterfall being my reward for my deviation. 


Bits of track along the river seemed to stop in scrub before i cast about and found another path through.  

 I eventually found where the track that I had missed came out on the river and made this my turn around point .The river was obviously swollen and crossing was not an option. 










Looking up at the bluff over Hidden Creek 

After the initial fire trail start, the walk was more of a route than a track with blue markers showing the way. 

My lunch spot on the way back looking across Hidden Creek to the Nattai Gorge. 

A badly lit panorama of the Nattai Valley with Mt Jellore on the left. 

From the fire trail lookout on Mount Waratah looking into the Nattai 

Again from Mount Waratah looking across Gap Creek to the Nattai.


No comments: